Weck Glass Lids
This product is only the lid; does not include the ring and clamps.
Weck canning jars are made of thick glass to withstand boiling and sterilization. Weck glass lids are immune to rusting and can be used to process again and again. Since the lids are made of glass (as opposed to aluminum) there is no BPA resin coating that is found on metal canning jar lids. These are replacement lids for those that either break or get lost.
The lids can also be used as fermentation weights.
Small Fits (2.75 in. diameter):
- 1/2 Liter Weck Juice Jar
- 1 Liter Weck Juice Jar
- 160 ml, Weck Mini Mold Jar
Medium Fits (3.5 in. diameter):
- 1 Liter Weck Cylindrical Jar
Large Fits (4.3 in. diameter):
- 1/5 Liter Weck Canning Mold Jar
- 1/4 Liter Weck Canning Mold Jar
- 1/2 Liter Weck Canning Mold Jar
- 3/4 Liter Weck Canning Mold Jar
- 1/2 Liter Weck Tulip Round Jar
- 1 Liter Weck Tulip Round Jar
Weck glass jars have been a mainstay in European kitchens since 1900, when German merchant Johann Weck pioneered the science of water-bath canning. Weck jars are still a reliable favorite of European home cooks for preserving and storing foods.